Vitamin D, also known as sunshine vitamin because our body produces it after exposure to the sun, vitamin D is a group of fat-soluble pro-hormones. It has two major forms: Vitamin D2 (or Argocalciferol) and Vitamin D3 (or Cholecylciferol). When the skin is exposed to sunlight, the process of formation of vitamin D begins in the body. Vitamin D helps to increase the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, which helps to keep the bones of the body strong, in the absence of which the bones are weak and can also break.
Vitamin D also protects against diseases such as cancer, tuberculosis.
A study report has found that vitamin D triggers the body’s immune cells to produce antibodies. Therefore, vitamin D promotes an overall increase in immune system strength.
Vitamin D Important Role:
Vitamin D plays an important role in protecting our body from many diseases. And the lack of vitamin D in the body can prove to be dangerous for health. Therefore it is very important to constantly monitor its symptoms so that its deficiency can be recognized.
Vitamin D Health Benefits:
Health Effects Due To Lack of Vitamin D:
- Vitamin D levels decrease in the body of fat individuals.
- Women who are deficient in vitamin D, their heart is depressed, they become irritable and always under stress.
- If you are sweating a lot even in normal temperature without any labor, then you must check your vitamin D levels.
- If there is pain in bones, then it also shows deficiency of Vitamin D in the body.
- Due to lack of vitamin D in the body, the immunity system also weakens, due to which you fall ill quickly and you may soon be vulnerable to any virus during the change of season.
- Due to lack of Vitamin D, the energy level in the body decreases, which causes tiredness.
- Due to lack of vitamin D in the body, you get wrinkles on the face and hands.
- Due to lack of Vitamin D, your blood pressure may increase.
- Due to lack of Vitamin D, sometimes digestive problems also occur.
- Due to vitamin D deficiency, there is an increased risk of getting gum related diseases.
How Much Vitamin D Required Per Day:
The sun is considered the best source of vitamin D, but not all children and adults who are exposed enough to sunlight. They need to take around 800 to 1000IU units (marked vitamin 800 D) every day.
Food Sources of Vitamin D:
- Soybean products like tofu, soy chunks, milk
- Cod liver oil
- Fortified foods like milk, juice, yogurt
- Coconut water and cream
Please give your feedback, if you like this information please share it with your loved ones.